How BrightStar Care is keeping clients safe amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Hand hygiene standards
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) use (masks, gloves, etc.)
- Blood Borne Pathogen standards and safety protocol
- Coronavirus overview from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) (which is available at the following web address:) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/about/prevention.html
Prior to each shift, our staff are required to complete an online form to determine if they pose a heightened risk of exposing clients. This information will help us decide if they can continue with their shift.
We have also respectfully asked our clients in supporting infection control by joining us in taking the following steps, and we have offered assistance from our nurse if they need any help with any of these steps:
- Utilize excellent hand washing, cough, and cold etiquette.
- Utilize proper disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE) and medical supplies when they are necessary in their care or while they are providing care for others.
- Contact our office and their physician immediately if they experience a change in condition warranting additional care such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath especially if not typical.
- Contact our local health department and our office should they have any confirmed interaction with high risk individuals (e.g., recent travel to affected areas of China/caring for those who have done so).
BrightStar Care of Santa Barbara is dedicated to providing the highest standard of care. We hold ourselves to this standard each and every day.
We continue to keep our staff informed of updates and each has been given a letter to carry with them indicating BrightStar is considered an essential business so they can continue to travel to our clients during the Shelter In Place Order.
Get In Touch
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day