Simply put, Jiffy Lube is an Automotive Repair business listed under the Transportation Sector of the 16 Critical Infrastructure Sectors. When San Luis Obispo County issued a Shelter in Place order, that order specifically excluded Automotive Repair from the Shelter in Place. California’s State Order to Stay Home also excluded Automotive Repair from that order. Keeping our Doctors, Nurses and other essential service employees on the road is important to us. While our business has experienced a significant drop as our community members shelter in place, we will be working reduced hours and days of operation in hopes of keeping the Central Coast moving! For current hours and days of operations see our facebook page at: My Jiffy Lube Facebook Page
If you are another essential service provider or employee and are in need of any automotive maintenance or repair, we hope you will come in and visit our team! We are offering significant discounts and special offers to help keep you on the road and keep our team working as much as possible. See the offers below. I know you are probably tired of all the COVID-19 and what we are doing emails, but I do think it is important to share some differences you will experience during these times from your Jiffy Lube team:
- We will give you the option to remain in your vehicle from start to finish. If you are comfortable pulling into the service bay, we will provide you a guide – just as we do our employees. If you aren’t comfortable, we will pull your vehicle in utilizing a disposable steering wheel cover, a seat cover and will be wearing disposable gloves.
- We will greet you utilizing a mobile tablet so that you do not have to enter our lobby. We can also perform the service review at your vehicle or outside using the mobile tablet.
- We have temporarily halted the vacuuming of vehicles to prevent the spread of germs from one vehicle to another.
- We are utilizing plastic wrap on our credit card reader and signature pad to be changed after each use.
- We have set lobby chairs six feet apart if you choose to sit in the lobby instead of outside or in your own vehicle.
- We have advised employees to stay home if sick or if they have a fever. We have also reminded them of proper cough hygiene and personal hygiene.
- We have stepped up our efforts to clean and sanitize our lobbies, counters and customer touch points.
Obviously that is not an extensive list and is subject to change and alteration as we monitor the CDC website and are given direction by State and County officials. I will close this long winded post by sharing a story. I was working in our Santa Maria location today (Saturday). I made a point to ask each customer why they were out and about and what brought them into Jiffy Lube. The last customer of the day was a Nurse that works in San Luis Obispo. She puts over 400 miles on her car in a week. Her oil light was on and she was worried about her car. She was thankful we were open!
Get In Touch
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day